Close this search box.

Prescribed Burn Resources Library

Prescribed Burn Associations (PBAs) are community based, mutual aid networks that help private landowners put “good fire” on their land.

If you are a landowner in Yolo County interested in information on community organizing to create a Prescribed Burn Association please contact Bailey Adams, Yolo PBA Coordinator ( To learn more about the Yolo Prescribed Burn Association, visit our project page under What We Do.

CAL FIRE Programs for Landowners

The Yolo County RCD offers program support to landowners interested in CAL FIRE’s Vegetation Treatment Program (VTP) and Vegetation Management Program (VMP). These programs are critical components of the state’s multi-faceted strategy to address California’s wildfire crisis. These programs support prescribed burning, mechanical treatments, hand crews, herbicides, and prescribed herbivory as tools to reduce hazardous vegetation around communities in the Wildland-Urban Interface (WUI).

If you are a landowner in Yolo County interested in more information or how to enroll your property in CAL FIRE’s VTP program please contact Heather Nichols, Yolo County RCD Executive Director (