If your property has been impacted by the recent LNU Complex fire and/or you have an interest in being notified of future efforts to create Prescribed Burn Associations, Fire Safe Councils, Community Wildfire Protection Plans or would like pre fire planning assistance through CAL FIRE’s Vegetation Treatment Program we want to hear from you! Please fill out a short questionnaire so we can better direct aid assistance and coordinating efforts at the link here.
Assistance with Post-Fire Recovery Efforts
The YCRCD is partnerning with regional RCDs, the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) and USDA Farm Services Agency (FSA) to better serve our communities in their post-fire recovery efforts. We may not be able to assist with home or structure damage, but we will do our best to provide you with the information and resources you need to address post-fire vegetation and erosion issues and help assist with returning damaged watersheds back to normal function. Some situations may be beyond the technical capability of our team. If that is the case, we will get you in touch with a list of specialists.
Some of these services we offer include:
- Site Visits and Conservation Plans – RCD staff, in partnership with NRCS, can come to your property and advise you on best practices moving forward to ensure healthy soil, habitat restoration and erosion control during post-wildfire recovery.
- Connecting with the right program – NRCS and other federal and state partners have programs designed to assist rural landowner and agriculture operations with addressing erosion and other issues after natural disasters like wildfire. Some of these programs offer financial assistance or cost-share opportunities in rebuilding infrastructure like fences, irrigation systems and livestock water stations. We can assist by evaluating your needs and connecting you with the right program to fit those needs. .
For information on Post-Fire Recovery Assistance from USDA:
- USDA Assistance Summary
- Post-Fire Disaster Assistance
- Disaster Assistance Tool
- Disaster Assistance and Loan Programs
- Top Ten List: Things to Consider After a Wildfire
- Post-Fire Do’s and Don’t’s
- Preparing for Winter Following Fire
- NRCS- Preparing for Winter Following Fire in Vineyards, Orchards and Rangeland
- Video: Assessing Fire Damaged Landscapes
- UCANR- Recovering from Wildfire Guide for Forest Landowners
- Napa County RCD’s Checklist for Post-Fire Road and Culvert Storm-proofing
- Protecting Bare or Disturbed Soil Following Wildfire
- Straw Mulch for Erosion Control
Native Plants Post Fire: