Wildfire Resources

Post-Fire Recovery Resources

If your property has been impacted by the recent LNU Complex fire and/or you have an interest in being notified of future efforts to create Prescribed Burn Associations, Fire Safe Councils, Community Wildfire Protection Plans or would like pre fire planning assistance through CAL FIRE’s Vegetation Treatment Program we want to hear from you! Please fill out a short questionnaire so we can better direct aid assistance and coordinating efforts at the link here.

Assistance with Post-Fire Recovery Efforts

The YCRCD is partnerning with regional RCDs, the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) and USDA Farm Services Agency (FSA) to better serve our communities in their post-fire recovery efforts. We may not be able to assist with home or structure damage, but we will do our best to provide you with the information and resources you need to address post-fire vegetation and erosion issues and help assist with returning damaged watersheds back to normal function. Some situations may be beyond the technical capability of our team. If that is the case, we will get you in touch with a list of specialists.

Some of these services we offer include:

  • Site Visits and Conservation Plans – RCD staff, in partnership with NRCS, can come to your property and advise you on best practices moving forward to ensure healthy soil, habitat restoration and erosion control during post-wildfire recovery.
  • Connecting with the right program – NRCS and other federal and state partners have programs designed to assist rural landowner and agriculture operations with addressing erosion and other issues after natural disasters like wildfire. Some of these programs offer financial assistance or cost-share opportunities in rebuilding infrastructure like fences, irrigation systems and livestock water stations. We can assist by evaluating your needs and connecting you with the right program to fit those needs. .

For information on Post-Fire Recovery Assistance from USDA:

Post-Wildfire Recovery:

Native Plants Post Fire:

Post-Fire Webinars:

Yolo County Community Wildfire Prevention Planning (CWPP)

Fire Safe Councils

Yolo County Prescribed Burn Association (PBA)

Fire Management Funding Opportunities for Landowners

Pre-fire Planning and Emergency Services Information

Additional Fire Management Resources

University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources (UCANR) provides excellent resources and training for fire management. Visit their website for more information and check out their YouTube page for instructional videos.

UC Rangelands: Grazing for Fire Prevention Presentation

You are donating to : Yolo County Resource Conservation District

How much would you like to donate?
$10 $20 $30
Would you like to make regular donations? I would like to make donation(s)
How many times would you like this to recur? (including this payment) *
Name *
Last Name *
Email *
Additional Note