Please join the California Natural Resources Agency for a webinar to kick off California Invasive Species Action Week!
Friday, June 2 12:00 to 1:00pm: Secretary Speaker Series: Defending the Golden State – Safeguarding California from Invasive Species.
Invasive plants and animals can wreak havoc on California’s environment, farms and economy. They threaten biodiversity, clog waterways, damage crops, and weaken levees and other structures. Join us for a discussion of how invasive species drive multiple challenges and what we can do to reduce their impacts. Moderated by California Natural Resources Agency Secretary Wade Crowfoot.
- California Department of Food and Agriculture Secretary Karen Ross
- California Invasive Plant Council Executive Director Doug Johnson
- University of California, Davis Professor and Specialist in Cooperative Extension in the Department of Environmental Science and Policy Dr. Ted Grosholz
- Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks Chief of Resources Management & Science Dr. Christy Brigham
- California State University, Chico Professor of Geography and Planning Don Hankins
After the event a recording will be posted at https://resources.ca.gov/About-Us/Secretary-Speaker-Series
This event will take place on Zoom: https://ca-water-gov.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_wp9NXeU4SDqeFg_A-IvAkg.