Watershed Coordination of Hungry Hollow
||September 8, 2008
|| Hungry Hollow Watershed Stakeholders Group, NRCS, Yolo Natural Heritage Program, Yolo Flood Control and Water Conservation District
Guide the development and initial implementation of a Hungry Hollow Watershed Stewardship Plan in partnership with the Hungry Hollow landowner group and other local entities within the area. Watershed coordination efforts would extend previous DOC and CALFED-funded watershed efforts in the Cache Creek watershed by coordinating development and implementation of a strategic plan for the landowner group, with includes flood management and restoration along Goodnow Slough; coordinating family farmers and other landowners in the area with resources and research on innovative farmland protection techniques and easement structures, project monitoring, and long-term funding strategies for the plan.
|Type of Activity
- Coordination, Outreach, Planning, Project Monitoring, Researching and Writing Grants
- Demonstration of success in obtaining the needed financial, physical and technical resources (approximately $50-100,000) for the first three years of work identified in the Work Plan.
- Successful implementation of three successful restoration projects
- 3-year results analysis including recommended Plan modifications
- 50 guides and 20 welcome baskets will be distributed in the watershed
- Secured program funding beyond the grant period
- Develop a Watershed Plan with stakeholder direction that inspires action for overall watershed health
- Support landowner project implementation in Hungry Hollow.
- Landowners within and outside of the watershed are educated about their watershed and knowledgeable about conservation projects
- Farmland and rangeland protected and viable in the Hungry Hollow watershed.
- Sustain conservation work and partnerships in the watershed beyond the life of the grant.
| Site Name
Hungry Hollow- Yolo County
[JSA] Jones and Stokes. 2001. Environmental Assessment for Proposed Restoration on the Sacramento River National Wildlife Refuge. Prepared for the USFWS, Sacramento River National Wildlife Refuge. Willows, California.